Three Bean Soup
8 oz Chick peas
8 oz Navy or Great Northern beans
8 oz Black or Kidney beans
½ fluid oz Olive oil
1 tbsp Garlic, minced
2 tsp Shallots, minced
2 ½ oz Celery, small dice
2 ½ oz Carrots, small dice
4 oz Onions, small dice
5 oz Tomatoes concasse'
2 tsp Curry powder
1 tsp Cumin seeds, toasted, ground
8 fluid oz Vegetable stock
6 fluid oz Vegetarian Demi-glace
1 tsp Black peppercorns, cracked
1 tbsp Parsley, minced
1 tbsp Cilantro, minced
1 tbsp Mint, minced
1. Cook the beans separately until they are tender to the bite. Drain and reserve.
2. Heat the oil and add the garlic, shallots, celery, carrots, and onions. Sauté until the onions are a light golden color.
3. Add the tomatoes and sauté briefly.
4. Add the curry and cumin and sauté for another 2 minutes.
5. Add the beans, stock, and demi-glace. Bring the liquid to a simmer, cover, and stew over direct heat or in a moderate (350 degree F) oven until all ingredients are extremely tender.
6. If necessary, place the stew over direct hear and cook, uncovered, until the liquid is properly reduced. Add the peppercorns, parsley, cilantro, and mint.
Yields 10 portions
Back to Recipes
Home | Accommodations | Reservations | Specials & Packages | Events at the Inn | Area Attractions | About Us | Map & Directions
Our Gardens | Weddings | Cooking Classes | Massage | Contact Us | Photo Gallery | Guest Comments
Fuquay Mineral Spring Inn & Garden Bed and Breakfast
333 South Main Street - Fuquay-Varina, North Carolina (NC) 27526 Local calls: Raleigh, Durham, Cary, and Chapel Hill.
Main (919) 552-3782 - Fax: 919-552-5229 - Toll Free (866) 552-3782
email: firstname.lastname@example.org - website: A Raleigh NC Bed and Breakfast
Sitemap - Copyright©2008 Fuquay Inn - Fuquay-Varina, NC - Internet Marketing by