- 4 slices bacon
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 ounces crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- 6 cups mixed baby greens
- 2 tablespoons toasted sliced almonds
1. Place the bacon in a large, deep skillet, and cook over medium-high heat, turning occasionally, until evenly browned, about 10 minutes. Drain the bacon slices on a paper towel-lined plate; crumble and set aside.
2. Combine the olive oil, red wine vinegar, white sugar, salt, garlic, and Gorgonzola cheese in a blender; blend until smooth. Pour the dressing into a small saucepan over medium-low heat and warm gently.
3. Toss the baby greens, almonds, and crumbled bacon together in a salad bowl; drizzle dressing over salad and toss to coat. Serve immediately.