- 1⁄4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, peeled, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 lb Whitefish filet (grouper, red snapper or tilapia)
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 1 lb. fresh diced tomatoes
- 1⁄3 cup pitted Kalamata olives
- 1⁄2 bunch basil, julienned
- Pinch red pepper flakes
- Wilted arugula and Cappelli de Angela
Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium. Add onions, and cook, stirring occasionally, until onions are fragrant and slightly soft, about 2 minutes.
Add fish, skinned side up, and cook until lightly golden, about 2 minutes. Turn fish and cook other side another 2 minutes.
Add wine, tomatoes, olives, half the parsley, and red pepper flakes to the skillet with the fish. Sprinkle with salt and bring to a simmer over medium heat. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook, partially covered, until fish is just cooked through, 10 to 15 minutes, spooning sauce over fish as it cooks.
Uncover and simmer until sauce has thickened slightly, about 3 minutes. Adjust seasonings and sprinkle with remaining parsley.
Serve warm (over a bed of wilted arugula or another green, if you like) and Cappelli de Angela and have crusty bread on hand to mop up the juices.