- 4 cups diced plum tomatoes (about 12 tomatoes)
- 2 cups finely chopped onion (about 2 medium onions)
- 1 cup cilantro finely chopped (about 2 bunches)
- 2 tablespoons serrano chiles finely chopped
- (6 serranos or 2 jalapenos)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 medium avocados, peeled, seeded, small dice
- salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
- 8 fresh fish fillets (tilapia, mahi mahi, red snapper, grouper)
- olive oil
- assorted seasonal grilled vegetables
- cooked rice for serving alongside
Combine tomatoes, onions, cilantro, chiles, extra virgin olive oil, lime juice, avocados together in a mixing bowl. Adjust to taste with salt and fresh ground pepper. Let sit at room temperature for about one hour.
Prepare grill and when coals are ready, coat fish fillets with olive oil, salt and fresh ground pepper and grill about 3 to 4 minutes per side depending on thickness. Place fish fillets on a plate and top with the salsa. Serve with grilled vegetables and cooked rice.