- 2 ¼ Salmon filets
- 1 tsp Lime juice
- 1 tbsp Lemon juice
- 2 tsp Shallots, minced
- 2 tsp Garlic, minced
- ½ tsp Peppercorns, black, cracked
- 1 ¾ oz Butter, unsalted
- 1 oz Shallots
- 2 tsp Jalapeno pepper, minced
- ¾ oz Gingerroot, fresh, minced
- 1-¼ lbs Pineapple, fresh, small diced
- 10 fluid oz Orange juice, fresh
- 1 tbsp Mint, chopped
- 1 tbsp Basil, chopped
- ½ tsp Curry powder
1. Cut salmon into 3 ½ oz tranches and sprinkle with lime and lemon juices, shallots, garlic, and peppercorns. Let marinate briefly.
2. Prepare pineapple salsa while the fish marinates. Heat the butter and add the shallots, jalapenos, and gingerroot. Sauté just until aroma is released. Add the orange juice and allow it to reduce slightly. Add the pineapple, herbs, and curry powder and warm gently. Do not allow the salsa to simmer.
3. Grill the salmon. Serve immediately with warm salsa.
Yields 10 portions.