- 1 jalapeno (with seeds), finely chopped
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup tequila
- 2 tbsp cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 medium avocado
- 2 tbsp red onion, fine dice
- 1/2 cup quartered grape tomatoes (red or yellow)
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded, fine dice
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 2 tbsp cilantro, chopped
- 1 tsp cumin, powder
- salt, kosher, to taste
- 1/2 tbsp canola oil
- 1 1/2 lb halibut
- 12 corn tortillas
1. To make the glaze: combine all the ingredients for the glaze in a small saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for about 10-15 minutes or until glaze has reduced by half. Remove from heat and let cool.
2. To make the salsa: combine all ingredients in a large bowl and mix well. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
3. For the fish: heat a large sauté pan over medium-high heat for 1 minute. Turn the heat down to medium and add the oil. Season the halibut with salt and pepper and add to the pan. Cook for about 5-8 minutes on the first side or until golden brown. Turn the fish over and cook on the other side for 2-4 minutes, or until cooked through. Baste with the glaze during the last few minutes of cooking.
4. Wrap the corn tortillas in a damp kitchen towel and microwave until warm and pliable, 30 – 45 seconds. Layer the tortillas with fish and salsa.
Makes 6 servings