- 1 ½ pounds NC large shrimp (21/24), shelled and deveined
- 1 ½ pounds baby squid bodies and tentacles, cleaned
- Canola oil, for brushing
- Kosher Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound NC Scallops, picked over
- 1 Red Pepper, drained and thinly sliced
- 1 large Stalk Celery, Finely Diced, Plus leaves for garnish
- 1 small Red Onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 sliced Blood Orange
- 1 bulb Fennel sliced thin
- ¼ cup toasted Pignoli Nuts
- 1/2 cup Chopped Fresh Parsley
- 1/4 cup Sherry Vinegar
- 1/2 cup Spanish Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- Zest and Juice of 1 Meyer lemon
Heat a charcoal or gas grill to high for direct grilling.
Brush the shrimp and squid with canola oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper and grill until slightly charred on both sides and just cooked through, about 4 minutes for the shrimp and 6 minutes for the squid bodies and tentacles.
Combine the shrimp, squid, crab, peppers, celery, onions, olives, cornichon and parsley in a large bowl. In a second bowl, whisk together the vinegar, olive oil, lemon zest and juice, and season with salt and pepper.
Pour over the salad and toss to combine. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes to allow the flavors to meld.