- 2 ½ cups unsweetened coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons red curry paste
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- ½ pound jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 pound mussels, cleaned and beards removed
- 6 ounces fresh pineapple, finely crushed or chopped
- juice of one fresh squeezed lime
- 2 red chilies, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped cilantro
In a large saucepan bring half the coconut milk to a boil and heat, stirring, until it separates.
Add the red curry paste and cook until fragrant. Add the fish sauce and sugar and continue to cook for a few moments.
Stir in the rest of the coconut milk and bring back to a boil. Add the jumbo shrimp, mussels, pineapple and lime juice.
Reheat until boiling and then simmer for 3-5 minutes, until the shrimp are cooked and the mussels have opened. Remove any mussels that have not opened and discard. Serve garnished with chopped red chilies and cilantro. Makes 4-6 servings.